Waco schools graduates their students Saturday
Saturday, June 4, 2011, all three Waco high schools held their graduation ceremonies at the Heart of Texas Coliseum. First it was A. J. Moore with the unfortunate news about one of their top students, Atahualpa Dante Rosas, who drown at a celebration party. Their graduation was at 10 a. m. Their program printed was full of students that got merit scholarships and awards.
Next was University High School with a host of great students including distinguished achievement program graduates.. This list of grads is historic as they are the last ones to go to school at the current location. Next year students will go to school at their new college size campus on New Road.
At 6 p. m. the parking lots were full as well as all the seats inside the coliseum. Honor graduates were listed inside the six page graduation program. The program listed student recognition as well as the names of all the graduates.
See the Waco Citizen for more stories and pictures of these graduations.
- Two Baylor Seniors Are First Baylor Students Inducted into National Japanese Honor Society
- WACO AREA STUDENTS AND TRADE SCHOOL AWARDED SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS FROM THE HOME DEPOT
- New grads: How to get your finances in order upon entering the real world
- Suggestions for Waco schools
- Texas, Other Colleges Confront Demographic Changes