Lake Whitney State Park Offers New Year’s Day Guided Hike
Lake Whitney State Park, Hill County, Texas – Lake Whitney State Park will offer a guided nature hike on New Year’s Day from 10:00 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. Participants will meet at the trailhead next to the Recreation Hall.
The hike will be Lake Whitney State Park’s contribution to the nationwide First Day Hikes program. First Day Hikes brings awareness of healthy lifestyle alternatives that include state parks. This program is directed by the National Association of State Park Directors.
The topics of the guided hike will include local flora and fauna, as well and a discussion of how state parks can contribute to physical fitness and wellness. According to Park Superintendent Chris Bishop, “We hope that park visitors and our neighbors will join us in starting the New Year off on the right foot by joining us for our First Day Hikes program. This is a great opportunity to get some activity, work off holiday food and meet like-minded people in a beautiful natural environment.”
The guided hike is free for any participant who has a valid entrance permit for the day. Entrance permits are available from Park Headquarters for $3.00 per person for everyone 13 or older. Children 12 or under are free. Entrance fees are also covered by a valid Texas State Parks Pass.
Lake Whitney State Park is a 955-acre parcel of public land owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and managed by Texas Parks & Wildlife Department to conserve natural and cultural resources, provide recreational and educational opportunities, and foster an understanding of the diversity of Texas’ lands and heritage for all generations.
For more information about Lake Whitney State Park or this release, please contact Chris Bishop, (254) 694-3793, email –email@example.com, or join the park’s Facebook fan site.
- Bluegrass Music Highlights Colorado Bend State Park Fall Festival Oct. 23
- Bass Tournament, Boat Show at Lake Whitney
- Salt Lake City International Airport Contracts for a Suite of PASSUR(R) Solutions Revenue capture and airfield optimization are addressed
- TPA Sports Connection: Cross Country Athletes and Coaches of the Year
- The Robinson Recreational Park had its Groundbreaking Ceremony Saturday morning to initiate the construction beginning in January 2011.