Denny’s has partnered with the SuccessMaker Survivor program at J.H. Hines Elementary.
Denny’s has partnered with the SuccessMaker Survivor program at J.H. Hines Elementary. SuccessMaker Survivor is a software based program that prepares students for the state TAKS testing in reading, math and science. Students are monitored and earn rewards for gains in grade level performance. Denny’s provides free lunch for those students who have shown the most improvement during designated times. Recently, 25 students from J.H. Hines earned lunch at Denny’s one student improved an entire grade level in a three week period. Others improved anywhere from a third of a grade level to two thirds of a grade level. The Denny’s field trip provides a great deal of motivation for the students. The students realize that hard work may allow them to be the top 25 among 240 students competing. Denny’s has sponsored two field trips this school year and has had a dramatic impact on student motivation. The staff and students of J.H. Hines are thankful to Denny’s and their commitment to education. Photos by Hope Gonzales
- A Heaping Helping of Thanks: Five Ways Sharing Thanksgiving with a Cancer Patient or Survivor Can Remind You of What a Blessing Life Truly Is
- Tharaldson Hospitality’s ROOM IN THE INN Program
- Moody Athletics Off To A Great Start In 2010
- New Baylor President wants $100 million for scholarships
- Bruceville-Eddy 5th Graders