The Bosque Arts Center’s 29th Annual Big Event
The invitations are out and the clock is ticking. The time to “Shake, Rattle and Roll” is growing near for a great weekend of superb entertainment and fun at The Bosque Arts Center (BAC) in Clifton. The weekend kicks off on Friday, April 29th with “An Evening with Roy and Elvis”. Friday evening begins with music by the Cavalcade of Stars Band, followed by Texas native son and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Roy Orbison (professionally portrayed by the incredible Al Nelson). After Roy sings a selection of his wonderful hit songs, including “Oh, Pretty Woman”, you will need to take a deep breath, because next is the KING!
From Tupelo, Mississippi to the banks of the Bosque comes Elvis Aaron Presley (portrayed by the magnificent Dave Tapley). From “Poke Salad Annie” to “Burnin Love” to the trilogy of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”, “All My Trials” and “Dixie”, all of the King’s greats come your way live.
Tickets to Friday night’s event can be purchased online at www.bosqueartscenter.org or call (254) 675-3724.
On Saturday night April 30th it’s VIVA LAS VEGAS TIME! You can take a chance and roll those dice for wonderful auction items. Hospitality hour begins at 5:30 p.m. where Jackpot Items can be won and you can sign-up for a rip roaring Texas Hold’em tournament with dinner and refreshments provided during the tournament by the Four Forks. Grand Prize is a 50 inch HD TV. Or signup for a Dallas Cowboy Trip that includes a luxury suite, food, drinks and a chartered bus to and from Clifton & the new Cowboys Stadium.
At 6:45 p.m. it’s time for an exquisite dinner catered by Bestyett Catering followed by the live auction at 8:00 p.m. The evening is again graciously hosted by George Hallmark and B. C. Bennett.
Come dressed to the nines and wear your “best” Las Vegas attire and no cards up your sleeves please.
There is still time to purchase tickets:
Friday, April 29th—$40 per person—Tent opens at 6:00 p.m. (Open Seating) performance begins at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 30th—$60 per person—Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Auction Items Include:
• Original art by: Martin Grelle, George Hallmark, Bruce Greene, Tony Eubanks, George Boutwell, John Coleman, Don Weller, Hugh Gaither, Betty Graham, Kim Hill, Bobbe Gentry, Brenda Murphy, Steve Atkinson, Sherry Harrington, Jeff Segler, Greg Kelsey, Kathy Tate, Robert Fobear, Mike Irvin, Gerald Balciar, Scott Myers, Jack Walker, & Dawn Sharp.
• Character Naming in Lisa Wingate’s next book; trips to: San Antonio, Washington D.C., and Vila Las Palmas in Mexico; fine jewelry (donated by Boozer’s of Waco), Rough Creek dining & lodging gift certificate, Gerard Thompson Cooking class for 10, Ruger Red Label shotgun, Prime Rib Dinner, Grady Spears Dinner for 10, Fried Quail Dinner, Gumbo Dinner, Cheese (Dublin Cheeses) & Wine Tasting, Super Bowl Party for 12 (25 Foot HD Screen and Stadium Seating), custom spurs and much more.
Jackpot Item samplings:
Pretty Woman Package (featuring the Hott Spot Salon) – includes two free pedicures (donated by Mindi & Lori), two free highlights or coloring and haircut (Sherri & Summer), one perm and haircut (Kim) and 1 month of tanning (Sherri and Summer). Hott Spot has also donated a basket full of salon products. In addition to the items donated by Hott Spot, there is the anniversary DVD of “Pretty Woman”, the “Pretty Woman” music CD and an autographed picture of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts.
Golfing Package – One Cobra Drive S9-1 Pro Driver with Matrix OZIK Xcon-6 shaft & Head Cover with One Dozen Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls and other golf accessories.
Mark your calendars and don’t miss this wonderful weekend of fun and food. This live auction raises money for the Bosque Arts Center, a non-profit 501(c)3. Tickets for both nights can be purchased by calling 254 675 3724. The Evening with Roy & Elvis tickets may be purchases online at www.bosqueartscenter.org.
- Seventh Annual Heart of Texas Community Tailgate Set for March 26
- Texas Independence Day Celebration
- Lorena’s Chocolate Peppermint Stroll
- 2011 Caritas Food For Sharing Photos
- Art Center Waco is having a Fall Festival Sunday