AARP Texas Hosts Financial Wellness Forum
AARP hosts forum next Wednesday to discuss statewide initiative to increase
income, promote education, create jobs, avoid debt traps and encourage
WHAT: HOTWAGS (Heart of Texas Waco Area Gerontological Society) and AARP
Texas welcome Don Baylor to discuss “OpportunityTexas”, a Texas-wide effort
to help individuals and families save for the future and increase college
access and success. Baylor will also discuss how to avoid debt traps such
as pay day loans and AARP’s small loan reform effort.
WHO:Don Baylor, Jr., Senior Policy Analyst, Economic Opportunity, Center for
Public Policy Priorities (Austin TX)
WHEN:Wednesday, January 12, 2011
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
WHERE:Summer Palace Chinese Buffet,
1520 N. Valley Mills Dr
Waco TX 76710
- AARP Texas salutes Texas Falls Prevention Awareness Week
- Accidental Overdoses Increase by 250% in Texas
- Area young women to compete at MISS TEXAS USA Labor Day weekend.
- Baylor wins big one over Texas 30-22
- TEXAS BOOK FESTIVAL CELEBRATES 15 YEARS